My pet has been diagnosed with an incurable disease. I want to use the time he has left to contribute to research efforts or participate in clinical trials. How do I do that?

Modified on Wed, 3 Oct, 2018 at 1:42 PM

We're so sorry to hear about your pet's illness.  

There are plenty of ways to find research studies and clinical trials.  The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) Animal Health Studies Database is at  Animal owners can search the site to find studies that might be relevant to their pet.  Owners interested in participating in such studies are encouraged to discuss their eligibility for any relevant study with their veterinarian.

The Veterinary Cancer Society has a similar database at

The American Kennel Club (AKC) Canine Health Foundation has a whole list of links to resources for finding clinical trials near you at

And if you google "veterinary clinical trials," you may be able to discover even more options.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select at least one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article